Keep a journal of how your day has been. Make sure you have the following categories:
- Today’s date.
- Goals for today. (See SMART goals)
- How do I feel today in general? (1-10)
- (If you are journaling more than once a day) How do I feel right now?
- Things that went well today.
- Things that did not go so well.
- Any appointments or important dates I need to keep.
- Any thoughts or notes that popped into your head.
This is great for all mental health issues. For a sleep diary, you may also want to put down:
- How was my sleep?
- What time did I go to sleep/wake up?
- How long did I sleep?
Template for your own journal: